We attended Capitol Ward again this week; this time Gina and Pablo and their four beautiful children came. Larry has been several times this week to check on what is needed to have them married and if all goes as it should, President Montera will marry them this Wednesday. Then we can think about baptism. The children were so good during Sacrament Meeting. I gave them each a paper and a colored pencil to draw with and that entertained the three oldest the whole meeting after the sacrament. I gave them each a package with three graham crackers in it to eat before they separated for primary. Interestingly, when I walked into primary, every child had different snacks he/she was eating given to them by their parents. Stephen (3) didn’t last long and I ended up taking him back to the adult Sunday School class which worked for a while until he realized his parents weren’t there and started crying. I thought that the best thing was to take him to the investigator class with his parents. I hoped he wouldn’t distract them too much. They left before I got out of Relief Society, so I didn’t learn how things had gone, but Larry and Elder Ganir went to pick them up for an interview with President Montera at 4 this afternoon. I made jam sandwiches and cut apple pieces for the children while they waited in the Patron House. We tried to put on the Cinderella dvd but couldn’t get it to play until after Gina and Pablo got through with their interview and then they were anxious to leave. I wondered if the children had ever seen TV before. I need to do something to make their “wedding day” special. Hopefully, their baptism day will happen soon too. They have to come to church 4 weeks in a row, two times unassisted before they can be baptized. Larry discovered after numerous trips to government offices that since Gina and Pablo have been living together for more than five years, they did not need to pay for a marriage license, but there is still so much red tape Larry is helping them with. We won’t see them sealed in the temple because they have to be members for a year before they can go to the temple, but hopefully that will happen too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment