Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

June 20, 2010
Happy Father's Day to all our wonderful sons, sons in law, brothers, and father-friends!
The ward we visited today had the primary children sing a father's day song in English with a recorded background, and then had the children hand out pens. The primary children had made and decorated a cake yesterday. It had bright purple, bright green, red, orange, bright blue and gray frosting squiggles all over it, but no one had brought a knife or forks and plates (I don't think their kithen--if they even have one--is stocked with dishes or silverware). One of the sisters said the brothers would just have to eat it with their fingers. I don't think Larry had any...
Two eight year olds were confirmed but one was no biggere than Maryanne. The Bishop had him stand on a chair to be confirmed. Larry felt he must be a midget. The Bishop's wife said the mother had complications during her pregnancy. He was a bright, ahppy child.
A little miracle happened today. As I listened to the speakers I understood the gist of what they were saying even though they were speaking cebuano. It helped that they threw in scripture references in English and a few English phrases. But I understood the general idea of their talks and lessons. Larry has a harder time even hearing these sweet people; many of them are so soft spoken.
I just lost half of this email. I will try to do it again tomorrow. I am falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment