September 13, 2011
The world gets smaller and smaller every day. Today I discovered that Sister Luke who serves with her husband as an Employment Resource Center missionary is the Beverly Littler that I knew in Hawaii. Her father was a retired naval petty officer who took our family on a tour of a submarine. He was also on the high council under President Clissold. She does not remember me at all, but I was a very impressionable 14 and she was 16 or 17 and very cute. Their family visited at our home in Punaluu. Her mother’s name is Mary Jane (she is still alive at 90) and her father’s name was James, her only brother was also James or Jimmy, and I think she has said before that he was killed in Viet Nam.
Also, any of my daughters who worked for Guardian Angels Baby Sitting Service out of Park City will remember Carol Passey. I was so surprised to learn that our wonderful fellow temple missionary, Marie Richey, is Carol’s mother. When Sister Richey emailed her daughter asking if she knew any Ward girls, Carol emailed right back and told her mother that the Ward girls were the best baby sitters she ever had! The Church ties us together is more ways than one!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment