
Elder Ganir and I took a bus to Carmen to locate the chapel so we could attend with our wives the following Sunday. The bus ride was about two hours north of Cebu and we made the mistake of getting on this very old jeepney type bus that was very uncomfortable with worn out springs or no springs at all. I felt like I had been beaten with a big stick for two hours. When we got back to Cebu and reported on our trip, Bringhursts and Richeys decided that they were also going to Carmen to Church on Sunday which meant four couples descending on the little branch. I didn't think that would be too good so I chose for us to go another time. Mary and I are planning to attend July 24, 2011 by ourselves. We are hoping to see Sister Sabio who is laboring in Carmen.

The beach at Carmen was beautiful. Elder Ganir and I were the only people on a long strech 0f the beach.



Walking the road back to Carmen we passed beautiful scenery. We passed three children and a mother walking in the opposite direction. When we were about 200 meters past them a boy pedaling ice cream came and we stopped him and bought four and told him to take them back to the children and mother; which he did. The children almost broke their arms off waving to us saying thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment